We want smart and ambitious strategists who are passionate about digital and the future of marketing.
As a Senior Digital Brand Strategist, you will be expected to lead and shape the collective thinking that will solve our client’s business problems in a modern way – but always with insight, strategic thinking and creativity.
Your key internal relationship will be with Work Club’s Business Directors and Lead Creatives. Together you will operate as unit and will be expected to really get under the skin of your client’s businesses and brands. We believe the first step to great solutions is to truly understand the nature of the problem. And we believe in great work that works. Having an on-going focus on the commercials of your client’s business and proving the effectiveness of our ideas is critical to getting bold, innovative work over the line.
You will work closely with the wider creative and technical teams at Work Club to come up with innovative and effective ideas that solve these problems. Your job is to provide direction, insights, context and inspiration that fuel the creative process. We don’t believe a strategist’s role stops with the brief. Our Strategists are expected to be in the middle of the client and creative action, providing on-going strategic support and decision-making both internally and externally. You’ll be expected to supervise the optimisation of any current work (usually delivered by your mid-weight support) in order to feed into your next phase of thinking. Keeping a constant eye on business growth and creative/innovation opportunities will also be expected.
Externally, we would expect you to develop close and collaborative working relationships with key senior clients and other senior members of other agencies. At Work Club you’re very much on the front line.
Key tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work collaboratively with our clients and aim to establish strong trusted relationships
- Build a deep strategic understanding of your client’s businesses, market and consumer. Aim to truly understand the challenges and opportunities they face – not just the briefs in question.
- Understand your client’s business culture, the key stakeholders and what needs to change in the organisation in order from them to buy into more innovative and effective marketing (e.g. social/digital understanding and capabilities, more modern research methodologies, etc.)
- Aim to define a clear, overarching strategic vision for your client’s business that informs our point of view across all projects.
Strategy, Creative and Production
- We believe the best digital work is anchored in good brand strategy. You are expected to have strong brand planning skills, and to understand the integrated brand context of your work.
- Ensure that every brief translates insight into positive creative energy. Challenge yourself and any strategists working with you to explore different means of ‘briefing’ from job to job, from the formal to the informal.
- Work hands-on with the lead creative and the creative partners to get to inspiring briefs and great answers.
- Leverage the talent and tools around you to generate fresh and powerful insights that keep clients up to speed, and inspire new ideas and marketing opportunities.
- Apply your knowledge of digital user journeys and digital ecosystems to map our ideas fully. Take responsibility for the on-going journey of a piece of live work to make sure our work reaches their targets – both in terms of audience and commercial success.
- Identify and manage any consumer research needs the idea might emerge.
- Be passionate and fully aware of cutting-edge digital culture so you can give clients and creative alike the best possible inspiration and leadership. You will probably have a strong personal interest in digital technology, and actively use emerging digital and social media tools both in your personal and professional life.
Competencies / experience required
- A confident, energetic, professional, mature and intelligent team player with at least 6 years of working with leading brands and agencies in digital and ideally also in ATL.
- Integrated campaign experience essential.
- Strong brand, digital and social strategy skills required.
- Practical and creative approach to strategy. Like working in teams solving problems.
- Decisive and not afraid to provide leadership
- Excellent communication & organisation skills, with outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about the future of marketing communications with a thirst to learn and a drive to succeed. Not afraid to learn new skills or ask simple questions.
- Analytical and focused when it comes to proving effectiveness