There are too many readers who have always kept complaining about their insurance companies due to the non-payment of claims. However, before you start become judgmental about this and take this matter to the higher authorities, you need to understand what comprises in a car insurance policy and the contents of this policy. A contract or agreement between an insurance company and his client is called car insurance where the insurance company agrees to offer coverage on receipt of insurance premiums every month.
The policy of the insurance would stipulate few exclusions where the insurer won’t be liable to make any kinds of payments. Certain situations, peril, person, situation or condition isn’t covered in the car insurance policy. Usually, exclusions with regards to the car insurance would include overloading your car, utilizing your car in the form of taxi service or causing intentional damage to your car.
Overloading a vehicle poses increased risks
It has been found out by the US Department of Transportation that an average of 500,000 truck accidents occurs on the American highways and roads. What are the reasons behind so many accidents? Overloading is being cited as one of the main reasons and this can be taken care of by having onboard weighing systems from https://www.kimax.com/. Such machines can help you measure the weight of the truck and make required adjustments before you set on the roads. Here are the risks that you will face if you overload your vehicle:
- The truck will become unstable, you will find it tough to steer and bringing your truck to halt will take longer. Vehicles usually react in a different way when there is too much weight on it.
- Tyres might get overheated and this can lead to wear-and-tear which boosts the chances of premature and expensive blow-outs.
- The control of the driver and the space for operating in the vehicle is also reduced which in turn accelerates the chance of an accident.
- When the truck is overloaded, it will find it difficult to accelerate and hence overtaking will become a distant dream.
- While driving at night, the headlights will tilt upwards and this will have a blinding impact on the drivers who are approaching towards you and they won’t be able to see any obstructions or debris on the highway.
- Due to riding of brakes, they have to work harder and since the vehicle is already heavy due to overloading, the brakes are often overheated. This diminishes their effectiveness.
- When there is overloading in a vehicle, none of them use seat belts as their ultimate goal is to push in as many people as they can. This boosts the possibility of accidents.
- The entire suspension system is under stress and eventually the weakest part of the vehicle gives way.
- Insurance coverage on overloaded trucks will be considered as void as overloading is considered as illegitimate activity.
Therefore, now you can well understand that you won’t get any help from your car insurance provider if you meet with an accident due to overloading. Henceforth, check the weight through the onboard weighing systems before hitting the road.